Even the most savvy travelers face problems now and then. If you’re planning a trip, you’ll want to make travel as seamless as possible. Keep these seven travel hacks in mind to have a memorable vacation.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.
1. When you pack up to return home, toss the leftover soap from the hotel bathroom into your dirty laundry bag. This will keep your laundry smelling as fresh as possible until you can wash it. If you don’t have any leftover soap, use a dryer sheet. Or, ask the front desk for a new bar of soap first thing in the morning, then use it in your luggage.
2. On long flights, wear a thick nighttime face moisturizer. This type of lotion is super hydrating and there’ll be plenty of time for it to sink in during the flight. It’ll help to keep your face moisturized and luminous on the dry airplane. Regular face moisturizers may not be thick enough to combat dry airplane air.
3. Fold up one or two small bags and pack them in your luggage. Once you’re at your destination, you can carry your belongings in something smaller than your carry on bag. Some travel stores sell thin backpacks that fold into themselves when they’re not being used.
4. Keep your power cords organized by storing them in a glasses case. If you’re storing a few cords in the same case, bundle each one up in a rubber band to keep them separate. Before leaving the house for your trip, find out what type of outlets the hotels in Singapore have. If your plugs won’t fit in the outlets, there’s no point in taking up precious space in your luggage with those cords.
5. Instead of packing a bunch of makeup, just bring along an all-in-one product that will serve as blush, lipstick and eye makeup. You’ll save space in your luggage and you won’t have to worry about leaving your favorite cosmetics behind. You can also use your mascara as eyeliner by gently pressing the wand on your lash line. Plus, the less makeup you bring, the faster it will be for you to get out of the hotel room in the morning and start sightseeing!
6. Put a couple lemon slices and some honey in a thermos, pack a tea bag in your carry on, and ask the flight attendant to fill the thermos with hot water. You”ll have a comfort drink ready to go with all of your favorite ingredients.
7. Pack an infinity scarf, which does more than just give your outfit a chic edge. You can use one as a blanket if you’re chilly on the flight or to cover your eyes if you need to block out the light to get a cat nap.
Travel can be a major stressor. Simplify it by following these seven tips and enjoy your hassle-free vacation.
This article was contributed by Fiona Moriarty of Hipmunk, a complete travel platform that allows you to do everything from comparing charter flights and train rides, to finding the best resort hotels and Airbnb rentals.