Oh how our family loves spaghetti. Well, we love any pasta really – except for my husband who has a very limited list of foods he likes! One family favorite and a recipe I love to use when we have guests is baked spaghetti. It’s easy to prepare, and you can even use leftover spaghetti and turn it into a new dish!
When I verbally share this recipe I usually say “make your spaghetti how you usually do” (or use leftover spaghetti) and then go into details about the baked part, but for the sake of a complete recipe, I will share how I make the spaghetti as well! Of course, you can definitely substitute what I use for your own favorites or make your own tomato sauce and shredded cheese!
Baked Spaghetti Recipe
Serves 5-9 people
Prep time: around 45 minutes
What you Will Need
16 oz Package of Ground Beef
1 Bottle of Tomato Sauce
1 Box (16 oz/1 lb) of Spaghetti Noodles
Garlic Salt (To Preferred Taste)
8oz Package of Cream Cheese
8oz of Shredded Cheese (I use a finely shredded blend)
What to Do
You will start with the first four ingredients to prepare your spaghetti
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pan
- Add a few sprinkles of garlic salt to the water
- Once the water is boiling, add the spaghetti carefully to the water and bring the water back to a boil
- Stir pasta occasionally to avoid sticking
- While pasta is boiling, prepare the ground beef in a 10 inch or bigger skillet
- Sprinkle the ground beef with garlic salt and brown it in the skillet
- Drain the spaghetti
- Combine the cooked spaghetti, ground beef, and tomato sauce in a large pot
- Mix Well
- Pour the Spaghetti into a 9-by-13-Inch Rectangular Baking Dish
Next you will get out your last two ingredients: Cream Cheese and Shredded Cheese. If you’re preparing your own shredded cheese, be sure to grate it finely.
- Soften the Cream Cheese if necessary – it needs to be easily spreadable
- Spread the Cream Cheese on the Spaghetti in the baking dish
- Sprinkle the shredded (or grated) cheese on top of the spaghetti and cream cheese
- Place the baking dish in the oven
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (or until the cheese is melted)
To serve, I cut it in squares like you would with a lasagna and serve with a large spoon or spatula. To use leftover spaghetti, simply add it to the pan (a smaller baking pan fitting for the amount you have left), add then follow the end of the recipe starting at the Cream Cheese. Enjoy!
Do you love recipes? Be sure to check out the Weekend Potluck for a linky of great recipes!