I don’t know about you, but when Summer finally arrives, I am ready for some times outdoors! I am in an overall better mood, and I find I exercise more as well because I’m just feeling better! When I’m on the go, though, I’m also more prone to snacking or turning to convenience foods. That’s why I love that Balance Bar offers their bare bars, which are a perfect, healthy snack on the go!
At the end of May I shared the Balance Project, and a majority of those who commented (it actually might be all) said they don’t feel balanced. Now that summer is here, things may be looking up, and Balance Bar is heading the way to help us feel more balanced along with the help of Gabby Reece.
According to a recent survey by Balance Bar, 43% of Americans feel most balanced during the summer! Summer is the perfect time to get outside, enjoy the beautiful weather and start feeling more balanced.
Disclosure: I received complimentary products in exchange for this post and promotion. Regardless, all opinions are my own.
Here are some of Gabby Reece’s tips for smart eating and staying active that help her feel more balanced. Give them a try and make your way toward feeling balanced!
- Make it your own: There is not one right way to get it done. There is the right way that works for you. When it comes to eating healthy, find the foods you like and implement those into your daily diet. The same goes for exercise. If you hate the gym then find something outside that is manageable for you. This is not about torture; this is about creating a lifestyle that you can do week after week.
- Watch the calendar: Use summer for motivation to shape up but don’t wait for June 21st. If you wait until summer actually starts, you’ll feel rushed and end up crash dieting or doing a crazy workout schedule. I personally like to keep a calendar in my kitchen and cross off the days as I countdown to bikini weather. The visual reminder – right where you eat – is helpful in keeping you on track.
- Sign up a friend: We tend to be more successful at accomplishing some type of exercise if we have an accountability partner. Solicit a friend and maybe use this as your time to connect. You can train for a 5k together or join an outdoor boot camp; there are a lot more options now that the weather is improving.
- Plan to snack: Take snacks (like fruit, nuts or a Balance Bar®) wherever you go to prevent mindless eating. If I have an afternoon or early evening workout planned, I make sure to have one of these handy an hour or so before so that I have plenty of energy to get in a good workout.
- Variety is key: Make as many meals as you can at home so you can control your nutrition. These are some of my favorite recipes – fresh and full of veggies for springtime! To keep things interesting and fresh at my house, I try to rotate foods. One night I may go for something heavier with veggies and grains, and then the next night focus on proteins. I really try to change up the food and create a great deal of variety.
- Each day is a new chance and it’s never too late: If you fall out of your summer shape up routine one day, don’t sweat it. Forgive yourself and move on – and just keep moving!
Great tips, right? I know I’m getting closer to feeling balanced and can’t wait to try her tips as well!
To see some of Gabby’s favorite fitness moves, go to http://bit.ly/1HL3eO8 and for more of Gabby’s tips for balancing fitness and a busy schedule go to http://bit.ly/1Qj0pYC.
Be sure to connect with Balance Bar on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.