I’m finally getting around to share my goals for 2016! I think it’s going to be a great year! Of course, one of my main goals is covered in my Word for 2016 – Contentment. I’ve learned the power of the written goals, though, and I’ve found sharing them with others helps you stay accountable!
Personal Goals for 2016
- Better time management. This was my top goal last year, and I still haven’t gotten it down. I’d like to really get a schedule set. Again, I must acknowledge there is room for grace because with three special needs children, a husband with a disability, and my own medical issues, days often don’t go as planned. In fact, last year my health issues were intense. I’m praying for a better year – particularly now that they know the cause of my headaches. I need to recognize and leverage the “good days.”
- I want to continue to spend more time in God’s word and have more quiet time with Him. I still feel like I need to work on this – for so many reasons. How can I be a vessel to spread His Word if I’m not listening to it?
- Continue to strive for better health including pursuing answers and solutions for my health issues, using my essential oils and supplements regularly, get adequate sleep, drink more water and work out regularly.
- Continue to work on being efficient. I have Sensory Processing Disorder so being efficient is challenging for me. I get overwhelmed and overstimulated so it’s like having a short attention span yet a need for perfection. It can be overwhelming!
- Get the house more organized. We still have a few unpacked boxes. *Sigh* I just want to get all the things we’re not using out and everything else organized better.
- Continue having regular date nights with my husband as well as making sure I make time for him. As a mom and blogger with health issues, I do have limited time, but it is so very important to give that time to him.
- Lose weight. I’m going to be talking more about my health and fitness goals and starting my “Wellness Wednesday” link-ups!
- Have a successful homeschool year – whatever that may look like for us. I’d like to get into a schedule that works well for us (we’re just starting our new homeschool year, so we still have some time to find our groove), plan more field trips and more hands-on projects.
- Do more. OK, that sounds pretty generic. With my health issues this year, I didn’t really do much at all. I’d like to get out of the house more and get involved in things I’m passionate about.
Professional Goals for 2016
- Last year was rough. I’d like to really grow Pea of Sweetness this year. I’m definitely happy with my decision to sell Deals of Sweetness so I can not only focus on getting more content here on Pea of Sweetness, but so I can also bring it back to what it used to be. I want Pea of Sweetness to be a whole reflection of me, and dividing my interest between two similar blogs was taking a toll. I can’t wait to bring new, fresh content to Pea of Sweetness this year!
- Stop comparing. (I really covered this in my Word for 2016. It’s why I chose contentment.) I shouldn’t be comparing my growth to others. I have to trust that Pea of Sweetness is exactly where God wants it to be right now. It is reaching the people He wants it to reach at this time. It’s not about being popular or “big” – it’s about being open to His Will.
- Create a schedule that makes sense for me given my other responsibilities – and stick to it.
- Create a solid editorial calendar and plan for all of my websites and perfect the pages, design, and content of each. I also want to really get Sweetness Sisters Media going and offer support for bloggers and start promoting all of our services like helping others get a blog started with a nice theme/blog design as well!
- Additionally, get Nerdy Household up and started. Yes, I said I don’t want to divide interest, but this is a fun site my husband and I will be working on together. Plus, it’s not really dividing interest because gaming, anime, etc., although it is a big part of me, doesn’t really fit well here on Pea of Sweetness.
- Go through and fix old posts – create pinnable images if there isn’t one, edit any text if necessary, set a featured image if needed, etc.
- Finish my book and look into publishing information.
What are your goals for 2016?
Elizabeth Johnson says
I actually just wrote out my goals today myself! I’ve always felt January is more for thinking about what you want to do, than actually doing it just yet. (Ha.) Good luck to you with everything you want to accomplish, and try not to worry too much about the time it takes to get there!
That’s how I view January, too! Good luck with your goals as well!
my goal is to be everything God wants me to be – and my word is consistency 🙂
andrea recently posted…Glad Cling Wrap – Today Save $.75 With Ibotta!
That is awesome! 🙂