I absolutely love the blogger friends I’ve made and have been making! I love little things like this “The Fab Mum Award!” Thank-you to Jill at Frugal Plus for nominating me! 🙂
Thank-you, Jill! I was surprised (and excited) to receive your nomination! I LOVE learning more about the writers of the blogs I read, and I love sharing more about myself! I think this is so much fun!
Nominees need to do the following:
When one receives the award, one posts 10 random facts about oneself and answers the 10 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Pass the award onto 6 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
One writes up 10 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one’s own blog!
One pastes the award picture into ones blog. (Copy and paste the image above and put it on your blog!)
10 Random Facts About Me:
1. I have a freckle in my left eye
2. I grew up in Ohio in a town with less than 2,000 people
3. I was obsessed with cats when I was a kid ans always acted like one. Our daughter does the same thing even though I didn’t share that with her. I find that kind of stuff really fascinating!
4. Our house is most likely haunted. We call “him” “Bob.” Yes, I’m serious.
5. I used to be a dog trainer and Canine Good Citizen Evaluator, but OUR dog has anxiety so bad she’d never pass the Canine Good Citizen test. I’m still not convinced medicine is the only option, but I’m getting closer to being convinced because I’ve tried EVERYTHING else.
6. I love chocolate. (OK, that’s probably not that “random!” haha)
7. My feet grew half a size after I had kids.
8. During my first pregnancy I was in a major car accident (trying to evacuate from Hurricane Rita) at 9 weeks and had to have my appendix removed at 15 weeks, yet that was my “healthiest” pregnancy!
9. I LOVE writing and am a bit of a grammar “nerd.” Unfortunately, I felt the need to pursue business in college, and it kind of followed me. I actually had an English teacher that would often try to convince me I was in the wrong major and really should pursue something in the English field. I probably should have listened. I’m excited to finally “let the writer out” per se.
10. Speaking of writing, I tend to be very descriptive, and I may write a bit too much. In person, I may talk to much when I get to know you. Overall, though, I’m actually a shy, reserved person!
My 10 Questions from Jill
1. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
Hmmm… I am pretty boring with this one because I honestly can’t think of any memorable gift that was either really great or really awful. Oh, I got one! One year I received a used oven mitt for Christmas. It even had a burn hole in it! lol
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What was the last movie or TV show that made you cry or tear up?
Lately, all I’ve been watching is Dora or Diego, and they aren’t exactly tear jerkers!
4. If you had to pick one hero, who would it be?
5. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
Now I get to play World of Warcraft again! I haven’t played in over a year, but I have really missed it because it’s my husband and my fun time together!
6. What is your favorite outfit to wear?
Jeans and a basic shirt. I’m pretty simple.
7. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
8. What do you miss most about being a kid?
Being athletic! After I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue a few years ago I don’t do as many things as I used to – like playing sports. I’m working toward joining some co-ed sports teams next year, though! 🙂
9. Do you or would you have a Dog or a Cat for a pet?
We have a 4 year old Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff) and an almost 1 year old cat.
10. What is your goal for 2013?
To really open up to where I’m feeling called to be – a homeschooling mom, a writer, a sewer/crafter, etc. Trusting God to take care of the rest and allow myself to finally be “free” to do what I truly WANT to (and feel called to) do. I want to start writing a book, for one!
Questions for my Nominees:
1. Do you use your kids’ real names on your blog or nicknames?
2. Did you have a resolution for 2012? How did it go?
3. What is your favorite movie and why?
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world – where would you go first?
5. What do you think about sarcasm in writing? Funny or hard to tell the difference (or something else)?
6. What is your favorite picture?
7. What is your best childhood memory?
8. If you could go back in time and change something, would you?
9. What do you hope to get for the holidays this year?
10. Why did you start blogging?
My awesome nominees:
Couponing with Integrity
Singing Through the Rain
Mudpies and Tiaras
Exploits of a Military Mama
Beautiful in His Time
(OK, I added 7 because I knew one, for sure, couldn’t participate, but I still wanted them to be noticed!) 🙂