Now for the first time – The Tale of the Tooth Fairy tells the story of how a little fairy finds her true calling in helping children with the very first sign of growing up – the loss of their baby teeth! Includes hard cover storybook with Tooth Loss Record Keeper, a boy or girl Tooth Fairy plush doll with Tooth Pouch and a Keepsake Box. Similar in likability to The Elf on the Shelf, the Tale of the Tooth Fairy is a darling story for parents, grandparents and children alike! The Tale of the Tooth Fairy was written and designed by husband and wife team Mary Kate Fleming and Brian Ledig.
My review: Our oldest son, who is 6, just started losing his baby teeth a few months ago and has lost 2 so far. I thought this would be a great story not only for him but for our younger two kids as well! The story tells of how the Tooth Fairy came to be out of an inspiration for one little fairy who hadn’t found her calling yet. It is such a cute story! The kids really enjoyed it as well! They also really love the cute Tooth Fairy doll that comes with the story! The box the story and doll come in is actually pictured as a little house, and the kids have had a ball playing with her in her little house! It’s so cute!
There are a couple of things I really liked about this story:
- The print is large, which I always find to be very helpful when reading to kids because it is easier for them to follow along!
- The illustrations are cute and very eye-catching! This helps to keep our youngest engaged because he tends to drift away from a story often!
- The story-line is inspiring! I really like that the fairy chose something none of the other fairies did. I think it’s an encouraging message to follow your heart – even if that means it’s not what everybody else is doing!
- The story-line is cute! Overall, the story is very cute and enjoyable!
- It’s short. This is the perfect bed time book! It’s also a good book for encouraging a beginning reader. Our 6 year old isn’t reading yet, but he was encouraged to follow along and read some of the more simple words. Because the story only had a few sentences per page it wasn’t too intimidating for him like some books have been!
- It gives parents a great alternative to the “tooth under the pillow” issue. Seriously, it’s hard to get a tooth out from under a pillow – particularly for a light sleeper! I love that the book encourages the new idea of having the fairy doll (included with the book) hold your tooth in her pouch for the tooth fairy to pick it up! It’s another reason I think this story set would make a GREAT holiday gift! I love the creativity behind it, and I think many parents can appreciate this new idea!
Another great aspect of this book that any parent or even grandparent can enjoy is you can log the lost teeth in the back of the book! So not only do you get a cute story, a cute and handy doll for keeping a lost tooth until the Tooth Fairy gets it, you also get a nice page to log and remember those lost teeth! I really think this book set is a treasure anyone can appreciate! Because this story set is so new you may not be able to find it locally yet, but you can find it online at Story Book Set.
Be sure to “Like” The Tail of the Tooth Fairy on Facebook as well!
Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.