It was CRAZY this week! My CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) was in full swing this week. It was brutal. The worst part is, it’s hard to explain to people, but I feel like I *have* to. I mean, I’m exhausted and have a hard time waking up earlier than lunch time. So it’s assumed it’s because I go to bed late. Don’t get me wrong, I have plenty of nights I stay up late working and even nights I lay in bed not sleeping for HOURS because of insomnia, but I also have plenty of nights I’m in bed and asleep by 10pm and am STILL wiped out the next day. It’s not cut and dry. It’s a complex and confusing syndrome, and it stinks! Plus, if I do wake up before lunch time (which I obviously have to most days) I have a massive headache from fighting to wake up. It’s just not fun. 🙁
I had Pleurisy half this week as well. It is painful to breathe, and it definitely didn’t help my productivity! It took a lot to fight through this week, and I had a couple of big jobs this week. So it may look I took a couple of days off here on Pea of Sweetness because I basically had to! I will be catching up this week, though! 🙂
Speaking of my health concerns, I have debated not mentioning my Fibromyalgia and CFS on here, but just like anything else, I believe I can share my experiences to reach others. Though I’m still working through a rough spot right now, I know God will see me through it like He always does, and I will be able to offer help and support for others as well. Both CFS and FMS are confusing and a lot of people don’t understand, but there are many of us that DO. I want people to know there are others out there that understand that you can just talk to when you need an ear! It really helps!
So mostly, this was a not too spectacular week. Joey (my husband) did have a friend come visit from out of town, and they went up to my grandparents’ lake house to do some fishing. I couldn’t go, unfortunately. Partly because I wasn’t feeling well and partly because I had too much work to do. So the kids and I stayed home. For Valentine’s Day the kids went to Joey’s mom’s house, and we got a movie and watched it here at home with no interruptions! We’re simple folks! lol And…. *drum roll* …. I got my Amazon order with my laminator! Woo hoo!
OK, let’s wrap up!
Highlights in Our Life:
- My husband got our registration updated and now has his Handicap placard. On days that he isn’t in a lot of pain he doesn’t use it, but it is bad when he is in pain and has to walk from the back of the parking lot. Since he got his VA paperwork last week, though, he was able to get all of that done. He will get special Disabled Vet license plates as well.
- Our preschooler decided this week he would do well with potty training unless it was just me. It was *slightly* frustrating.
- I got my Amazon package as I mentioned including the homemaking organization book, which I really need to start using ASAP!
- In addition to our “usual studies” we worked on some Valentine’s projects this week. There were new scissors in the Amazon package as well, so our daughter was having a blast cutting hearts for Valentine’s Day, and our preschooler was having a blast just cutting papers into little pieces. I love just allowing them to do projects like this because it builds their confidence in using scissors as well as their fine motor skills, which is a challenge for both of them.
- We’ve also been supplementing our Math for our older two kids with a fun educational app called Champs of Numeria, which I’ll be sharing in a review this coming week! It’s been nice because we could still keep up with what we are doing but also give them a little change of pace!
- I kicked off the Eco-Love Giveaway this past week that is being hosted by both Pea of Sweetness and Deals of Sweetness, and it is doing great! It was quite a bit of work to put together, but I am SO glad I did! You know how I love sharing my love for eco-friendly products! 🙂
- I didn’t get to do much else, though, because I was working on some big jobs this week!
- More Blogger Opps are coming! If you’re not signed up to receive the Blogger Opps newsletter but would like to be – sign up here. Be sure to select “Blogger Opps” to be added to the list! Blogger Opps from Deals of Sweetness will be included!
Goals This Week:
- Complete all posts and projects on or before due date.
- Seriously consider putting together printables and not just talking about them.
- Put my blog planners and new housekeeping organizer to use.
- Post a Wordless Wednesday again this week.
- Start Weekly Wrap-ups on Deals of Sweetness.
- Actually complete my goals this week since they’re mostly the same as they were last week! Oops!
- Add a few things to our walls in our dining/homeschooling room
Tell me about YOUR week! What are your goals this week?