You know how they say you shouldn’t say things like “I hope we catch a break” kind of like I did in last week’s Weekly Wrap Up? I’m not superstitious, and I don’t believe in that type of mumbo jumbo, but one thing is for sure, I did NOT “catch a break” by any means this past week! In fact, it was a pretty rough week. If you add stress and lack of sleep it is unfortunately a good combination for Fibro flare ups and lower immunity. Vitamins and general good health practices aren’t enough because sleep is a HUGE part of good health. Stress is also a major player in affecting health negatively.
All that being said, I have been fighting my Fibro (and the Chronic fatigue) this week. I’ve had random, painful skin breakouts (though the doctors still haven’t told me what those are), and my tongue and mouth pain (again, not sure about that one, either). Neither of those are typical of Fibro, but I guess it could happen. *If I knew how to make a confused face emoticon I would totally insert one here!* lol Worse, I’m now fighting cold and sinus issues, too. *Sigh* Our 3 year old was up most of last night with a pretty bad cough, and our older two had low grade fevers, stuffy noses, and sore throats earlier this week. I guess it IS also that time of year!
Interesting timing, but the day prior to their getting sick I received a Braun ForeHead Thermometer from influenster. Good thing I guess because I never found our other thermometer when we unpacked all the bathroom stuff! I wouldn’t have been able to take their temperature otherwise! I love when things work out that way! I will be sharing my review on Deals of Sweetness soon!
The highlight of our week was a big spider by our back door one rainy, cold evening. After much debate and guessing from many on Facebook, we were finally able to determine it is a type of Trapdoor spider. I still haven’t determined the EXACT Trapdoor spider, though. I admit, it was hard to tell by the picture because the lighting was probably the WORST it could be! Many thought it was a Wolf Spider, and from the picture, I could understand why. If you could see it in person, though, you would be able to tell it was not one. It was so unique! I was really intrigued! I hadn’t seen one before! It was almost hairless and was about the size of the palm of my hand. It was gone by daylight, though, so unfortunately, this it the only picture I got. 🙁
OK, let’s wrap it up!
Highlights in Our Life:
- We’ve been sick. The end. LOL Seriously, I feel like that has been my whole week. Feeling yucky and trying to keep up with everything!
- We got a TV! I think I mentioned our projector broke in the move, and that was our only “TV” – our projector and big screen. My aunt had a TV that was going bad and nobody was using or wanted, so they gave it to us. What a blessing! Remember my dilemma with the shelves by the fireplace? Well, one shelf is gone now because the TV fits snugly in that nook, but it’s tall, so we had to take out one of the shelves.
- We also got TV service! I know I have talked about why we haven’t had it because we have had to budget tightly, but we were paying more for just internet with one company, so we swithced to AT&T U-Verse, and now we get fast internet that is already more reliable than what we had, and we get a basic TV package, and it still costs us less than what we had!
- We could still use some prayers for the same request. There is a lot that just isn’t falling into place like it was “supposed to” as they said there would be much help for my husband as a Disabled Vet. Unfortunately, there hasn’t been at all. Please pray for my husband as he continues his search for a civilian job as well or that he will be lead in the direction God wants him to take. Obviously there are more details, and if you need specific details for prayers please email me at email@example.com, and I will share. This has also been a big source of my stress as well, and I’m so thankful for your prayers.
- We are on break! We missed the church homeschool get together *again* because we were sick! I am so bummed. I am so ready to get past this “season.” I didn’t even push any sort of practice to “stay fresh” this week. We just truly needed a complete break.
- Busy, busy, busy. At this point, I am now (over)booked through Christmas! Phew! It has been a whirlwind! Since I had been sick again, it has felt even crazier! Wow!
- I have 4-5 Blogger Opps coming up, and I, unfortunately, had to change the way I run my group giveaways due to so many people not posting. So, I’m trying to get adjusted to all the changes myself as well. I only got 2 added this past week, but I will hopefully add the remainder this week! I will send a Blogger Opps newsletter out within the next few days as well! If you’re not signed up to receive the Blogger Opps newsletter but would like to be – sign up here. Be sure to select “Blogger Opps” to be added to the list!
- I made and shipped all pending orders this week! Woo hoo!!!
Goals This Week:
- Implement my Passionfruit Directory again! I never got to it! :/
- Put up the Christmas decorations. I didn’t get to that, either!
- Get better. Stress less, sleep more.
Just as a random side note: I said I would keep you up to date with the progress of “making our house a home.” I know there is excitement over this, so what gives? Well, we’re STILL not done unpacking yet, so as of now, I haven’t even made it beyond stage one! It’s not that I have forgotten or even that I didn’t have time to share the posts, I’m just not even done unpacking yet! Some things are still quite a mess! Believe me, I do hope to be done soon! 🙂
How has your week been?