Yes, I realize I haven’t posted my Weekly Wrap-Up for the past 2 weeks, so this is really 3 weeks worth of wrap-ups! Eek! In case you missed the news – I haven’t been well. They don’t know what’s going on, though. I’m having chest pains, palpitations, shortness of breath, and just an overall “blah” feeling. I can barely eat and barely make it through each day without feeling totally wiped out. Even getting on the computer can be exhausting, which is why my posts have been more spaced out than usual. It was determined my heart itself is not the problem! Praise the Lord! I do have some heart issues, so that is really good news! My EKGs were coming back abnormal, though – more abnormal than “my usual,” and were changing with positions, so something IS going on, but again, we don’t know what exactly yet. I don’t have another appointment until the 21st, so I’m just hanging in there until then.
I did end up missing The Declare Conference because of my health, which was so heartbreaking, but I know God has special plans for everything, so I am staying positive. My friend, Angela even sent me a package with bag full of SWAG. She has been such a blessing, and I can’t wait until we move to the Houston area so I can meet her in person. You should check out her personal website, AngelaBickford.com, and another website on which she is a contributor, Thirty-one:10. I know you will be blessed.
I can tell you I have been SO very grateful for your grace, patience, and prayers as I walk through this challenge!
OK! Time to wrap the last 3 weeks!
Highlights in Our Life:
- They don’t know what my health issues are as of now, but my nuclear cardiac stress test came back normal. I do have my next appointment on August 21st.
- Our oldest son did have his other tooth pulled and didn’t recover as well this time. He randomly got sick to his stomach a couple of times for the next 4 days or so after. He still has to have work done on one more tooth.
- Our youngest had a stomach bug for a day, which made me question if one of the days our oldest got sick was still from the dental work or if he had gotten the stomach bug as well. I’m glad everybody was better by the next day.
- My husband had a nerve block done in his neck, which caused initial pain, but overall it really seems to have helped the headaches and pain he has been having!
- Our kids have been going a little stir crazy since we haven’t been able to do much out of the house over the past few weeks since I haven’t been feeling as well.
- We are working on cursive some more as we are now reviewing Logic of English Rhythm of Handwriting.
- We have finished learning the names of the books in The Old Testament. The older two are doing great with memorizing the names, but we’ll probably keep reviewing them until they get them down for sure!
- We are wrapping up double digit addition in TouchMath.
- We’ve done quite a bit of appschooling and things on the computer as hands-on projects have been harder for me due to my health.
- Our preschooler has started Time4Learning, which we are reviewing, and he is loving it! I am honestly surprised how much he knows!
- I added a new item to my shop! A sparkle tumbler I made for my friend with her blog logo for Savory Savings. (She will be sharing a review soon!) Check it out! I even sold one! Yay!
- I obviously haven’t been posting as much as “usual” and fell behind on my Grammar 101 series (along with just about everything else). I did finally post the next post: Their, They’re, There a couple days ago. I hope to be able to at least post once a week from here on out.
- I have quite a few things that have come in for review (and giveaways) so stay tuned! 🙂
- I have continued adding more pictures to my Facebook Page. Eventually they will all migrate to my Facebook page! Slowly, but surely.
- I am continuing to make changes to the way I’ve been sharing things via social media and will be sharing more of my reviews and content posts more regularly as well.
Goals This Week:
- Keep implementing the changes mentioned above as well as the organization changes I am making. It’s definitely going slower than I had hoped, but I’m glad I’m moving forward!
- Contact potential sponsors for Bloggy Con 13.
- Reach my Pinterest follow goal of 5,000 Followers! Are you following me on Pinterest? 😉
- Finish the “Monetizing our Blogs” and “Helpful Resources” documents for my Blogging Group.
- Start packing things. I know I mentioned this is my weekly wrap-up weeks ago, but I never started! haha
- Make a more concrete decision on our housing plans for when we move.
So what have you been up to the past few weeks?