Wow it’s been a crazy week! Tuesday we had to go down to San Antonio (a 3 hour drive) for my husband’s Oncology appointment. They used to reimburse us for gas, but since they offer a shuttle they won’t reimburse us anymore. Since he had to be back up here before the shuttle would bring him back he had to drive anyway. It’s no wonder our budget is so tight! *Sigh* We also learned on the way home that we will NOT be able to buy a home for quite a while. The system is SO backwards. He doesn’t have the credit score needed to get a VA loan, but those that do can get approved for an amount they can’t afford! We’re responsible and would buy a house we know we could afford, but because of that silly number we can’t.
It’s a LONG story, but most of his score is messed up by genuine mistakes (things that shouldn’t be on there) we have been trying to fix for a long time, and one “professional” went about fixing it the WRONG way, which made it worse! So now we’ll have to rent a house, which is much harder to afford because rentals are SO expensive! I just try to wrap my head around this thinking. Then what about the rentals that require “good credit.” A disabled vet and his wife and 3 special needs children have to stress out over finding a home?
It’s just so frustrating and disheartening. It’s in these moments I have to remember God is in control, and I have to trust He has plans for us. I have to trust that we’ll eventually find a home where we can settle long term. We have moved SO much in the almost 8 years we’ve been married. (At least 12 times that I can think of, but I may have missed one.) That may or may not be the home we find to move into next month, but that sure would be a blessing if we could find a rental we could actually own one day!
One thing is for sure – we can’t wait to live near family again – as well as some of our good friends, of course! Houston, here we come! 🙂 He still doesn’t have his “official” orders, but he will get them tomorrow. It looks like we’ll be moving at the beginning of October, though.
It was also a busy week of receiving things for reviews and giveaways! Phew! You are in for a treat! I’ll give you a preview, but this is just some of what is to come!
OK, time to wrap it up!
Highlights in Our Life:
- Joey’s Oncology appointment was short and sweet. Everything is still good on the remission front!
- Today is our mastiff’s 5th birthday! Happy birthday to Caprice!
- We had “visitors” after midnight once this week. Scary situation. Their family needs prayers.
- Joey and the kids worked really hard to get the garage cleared out so we can better prepare for our move. Tomorrow he will be scheduling our move with transportation!
- We took Monday off for the holiday but got back to it on Tuesday. We’re trucking right along!
- Chaz has been moving right along in Time4Learning. Otherwise, there isn’t really anything “new” this week.
- I posted 3 posts for my 5 Days of Homeschooling Special Needs, though my intention was obviously to post all 5. Once again, though, my need for rest took precedent over blog posts. I do hope to post the remaining two this week!
- I added a couple new giveaways and reviews hosted by me, and a few I’m promoting for other blogs. Check out all our current giveaways.
- I have noticed a difference in my Facebook Page since making the changes! Yay!
- I received quite a few more packages! The preview I posted is just a snippet of what I got this week, so stay tuned!
- I finally finished the “Monetizing our Blogs” and “Helpful Resources” documents for my Blogging Group! Woo hoo!
Goals This Week:
- Keep moving forward with the changes I’m making.
- Keep packing because now the end is in site!
- Make a list of what we want to keep with us during the transition of when we move and don’t yet have all of our stuff – including our homeschool supplies.
- Decide if we need to get a PO Box or use a family member’s address for our stuff during our transition time.
- Make a decision on Passionfruit ads.
- Decide if I’m going to start my “deals blog” soon.
How was your week? Do you have any big plans for this week?