I’m a day late posting this. I am trying to stick to my “Sundays are my day off” thing, but I didn’t have this post ready to be scheduled. So, it’s a day late instead. I’m still not completely caught up, and whenever I feel like I’m close I have more work added. I DO want to finally complete my 5 Days of Homeschooling with Special Needs series, so I’m working on trying to squeeze that in this week as well. Here’s to hoping! If not (since I’m still a little behind), I will post it next week.
Here is a picture from this week. Our oldest two posing by the Planes Display in the Post Exchange. (No, we haven’t seen it yet unfortunately.) Our 3 year old wanted nothing to do with having his picture taken! lol
Short but sweet – Let’s wrap it up!
Highlights in Our Life:
- We finally got my husband’s new disability rating back, and it was MUCH better. He’ll be signing off on it tomorrow (after he comes back from his long drive down to San Antonio to see his oncologist). This means it will all be coming to a close soon! We will most likely be moving next month! I am SO, SO excited! I’m hoping we do find a nice place to live rather quickly!
- Joey did have a good time at the job fair in Houston and made some great contacts. Plus he came back with a few job opportunities!
- I did have to cancel my trip to Ohio (including going to BloggyCon) since we’ll be preparing for our move next month.
- We got back on track. Because handwriting has been challenging I have set a responsibility for them to complete it when they would like – as long as it gets done by bed time. Not only did this give them a sense of responsibility, but they didn’t complain, either! I decided it’s good to set some independent work with them as well.
- In Math we started working on adding double digits that require a number carry over. As usual, they are doing great in Math!
- I added a new item to my shop! Personalized Glasses See the review that Krista from Savory Savings did!
- I posted the latest in my Grammar 101 Series – To, Too, Two
- I added 1 new giveaways and reviews hosted by me, and a few I’m promoting for other blogs. Check out all our current giveaways.
- I have continued adding more pictures to my Facebook Page. Slowly but surely most of my posts will make it there!
- I am considering going ahead and sticking with PassionFruit Ads and paying the monthly fee after discovering my current ad system takes a 25% cut. The cut they took from the ad I sold was almost as much as the PassionFruit monthly fee!! Plus, PassionFruit does so much more – like Sponsored posts as well. I’m thinking as long as I can afford it, it will be worth the investment.
- In one day this week I received FOUR packages for reviews (and giveaways)!
Goals This Week:
- Keep moving forward with the changes I’m making.
- Finish the “Monetizing our Blogs” and “Helpful Resources” documents for my Blogging Group. It’s almost done finally! I didn’t realize how much work it was going to be!
- Keep packing because now the end is in site!
What have you been up to? What are your goals this week?