Wow! The past two weeks have been a whirlwind and rather emotional at that! Our baby girl turned six on the 21st! I can’t believe she’s six already! They really grow too quickly! Christmas was obviously a few days later, and I admit part of me is relieved! Things should start to slow down and the real transformation of Pea of Sweetness back to being content rich and more time to make the transitions and build Deals of Sweetness. I’m so excited!
We got some bad news a few days before our daughter’s birthday. We had checked to be sure there would be no break in pay from my husband’s Active Duty pay and disability pay. We were told everything was squared away and would be fine. Well, it wasn’t unfortunately. The new word is he may not start getting disability until the end of January or beginning of February. We were floored (and worried)!
We are still trying to contact resources for help with bills in the meantime, but what a blessing we received during this trying time! People were willing to help out with birthday gifts for our daughter, Christmas gifts for the kids, and some help with bills as well! Our church offered help as well. I also had an outreach of help for resources we can contact from another Disabled Vet’s spouse who has been where we are!
Even during this stressful time I can see the blessings, and I am so grateful. God is so good and faithful!
OK, let’s wrap it up!
Highlights in Our Life:
- Our baby girl turned six on the 21st! It really is hard to believe our bitty 5 pound 12oz baby is maturing into such a sweet young lady!
- Our cat turned two on Christmas Eve!
- Our oldest son got to sing on stage at church with the other kids for Christmas. Being on the Autism there was a time we were unsure he would be able to do those things. What a blessing!
- We could definitely still use prayers for this hard financial situation that we are able to pay all our bills or they will offer a grace period due to our situation. I am SO grateful for your support and prayers!
- It’s that time where I am starting to put together our lesson plans for our new homeschool year! We will be starting next Monday! Until then we’re reviewing Math, working on reading (always!), and we started our keyboard (typing) program already.
- I finally got a bit of a break! Phew! Now I need to crack down and catch up on emails!
- My Passionfruit Ad Shop is up and running! Yay!
- I have more Blogger Opps coming up! I will send a Blogger Opps newsletter out by the end of the week as well! If you’re not signed up to receive the Blogger Opps newsletter but would like to be – sign up here. Be sure to select “Blogger Opps” to be added to the list! Even the Blogger Opps from Deals of Sweetness will be included.
- I figured out how to add my signature and email sign up form to the bottom of my post without showing on my home page! I did so because I was having difficulties with my blog because my server was overloaded. I needed to downgrade plug-ins, and using the Genesis Simple Hooks allowed me to eliminate a couple plug-ins. I didn’t know how to have them not show up on the home page, though, so I was using extra plug-ins instead. I love how easy it is to find info like the specific PHP code I needed for it!
Goals This Week:
- Clear out my email inbox!
- Make a header for Deals of Sweetness and “About” page.
- Get our lesson plans for our new homeschool year kickoff finished.
- Print out blog planners.
- Start putting together ideas for printables.
- Get the living area done.
How were your last couple of weeks? Did you have a nice Christmas?
Stephen A says
Gratz on the borthday. I’m glad you’ll be back at work!
Emilee Roberts says