What an exciting weekend! Although I was still bound to my iPad for a couple of hours over the weekend while the others enjoyed some fishing, I did get to go up to my grandparents’ lake house this weekend nonetheless where we celebrated my husband’s 30th birthday! What a blessing! As he often states he didn’t know if he would live to see 27. So although many feel a little reluctant about admitting they’re entering their 30’s, he was excited to celebrate this milestone – as were we! He was 26 when his cancer came back and he started chemotherapy, and the prognosis was definitely questionable. The chemotherapy was brutal, and his body started shutting down. It was scary, and we are so grateful he’s been cancer free for 3 years now!
Yesterday was such a beautiful day, too. (Of course, it went right back to being NOT so beautiful today, but at least we had the beautiful day! My husband took each of the kids for a little ride on the jet ski. Then when his mom and her husband came up to celebrate with us as well, we all got out on the boat and just enjoyed the beautiful weather. We went down one of the side paths off the lake. It was so peaceful. After dinner and cake they went fishing from the dock while I, unfortunately, had to do some work as I mentioned. I really tried to get everything done before we left, but I’m still behind on some things, so I just wasn’t able to. I miss going fishing! Hopefully next time I’ll be able to enjoy some fishing, too!
I know some say I shouldn’t have been working, but I think it’s easy to forget that it’s my “job.” It would be like not going to work on Monday because I’d rather go fishing. Though people may do this on occasion, most of the time, it’s generally not a good idea. Not completing my jobs in the same way is also not a good idea. With good planning I can go a day without having any “jobs,” but since I have been behind, I just couldn’t make that happen.
OK, let’s wrap up!
Highlights in Our Life:
- My husband turned 30! Woo hoo!
- Everybody in the house had a cold – including myself. I was able to minimize the symptoms with the essential oils I got in my Young Living Kit, though, so I was grateful for the timing!
- We finally got our taxes done! Cross that off the list for this year! Phew!
- We decided to get local phone numbers for our cell phones. Now to figure out where all I need to change that information… I’m pretty sure there are still places I have failed to update my address, too. I guess I can update them together, then, if I find such a place! lol
- There was a lot of resistance this week due to the kids not feeling well. I was fairly resistant myself! We kind of “took it easy” while not completely taking a week off. For example, in Science4Us.com where we usually do 2-3 lessons per day we only did one, and only two math lessons/worksheets versus 4 or 5 and so on. I played it by ear and listened to their needs because if they’re really feeling awful they’re not going to be soaking in what they’re learning either. Cutting back a little each day helped us to make it through without feeling overwhelmed and still get plenty of extra rest, which we all needed!
- We got an intro to a new science program we will be doing, and we’re going to really get into it this week!
- I was nominated for and made the list for Top 25 Product Review Blogs on Skinny Scoop! Thank-you to all who voted! I always appreciate your support SO much!
- I posted my first two reviews of the Schoolhouse Review Crew Year! I shared my reviews for Science4Us.com and KinderBach this week, so be sure to check them out as well as what other members from the Schoolhouse Review Crew think!
- I posted 6 new Blogger Opps! 4 of them are still open (and they are free opps, of course!), so check them out! More are coming this week!
- I fell behind on other reviews. I really hope to be caught up again by the end of this week. *Sigh* I also hope to continue to make that shift to Deals of Sweetness for reviews that aren’t *as* good of a fit to my key focus topics. Some of this has been going well! Some of it is still gray area. I’m going to start being more selective, though, because I really don’t want to make more than two posts in a day, but if I have two reviews to post that day, I can’t post content posts, which are KEY. On Deals of Sweetness I also want to add more content as well, but a lot of the content on there IS product reviews as that IS one of the key focus topics. I also feel multiple posts per day aren’t a deterrent on there, either, as it’s almost expected. I’ve been having quite a blast growing it, and I hope to get more of the pages done and definitely start adding more regular content on there as well!
Goals This Week:
- Adjust my editorial calendar and then complete all posts and projects on or before their new due date.
- Put my blog planners and new housekeeping organizer to use.
- Post a Wordless Wednesday again this week and figure out a way to make it easier to schedule and prepare so it’s not always a last minute “I can’t fit it in” type post.
- Start Weekly Wrap-ups on Deals of Sweetness.
How was your week?