It’s here! I’m pretty sure I talked about it for the past two or three weeks, but I’m finally posting it – my goals for 2015! Of course, I think my Word for 2015 pretty much laid out a lot of what I’m aiming for this year both personally and professionally (with my blogs) in finding and pursuing my purpose, but I want to share a little more detail. The truth is, this is the first time I’m putting my goals down in writing anywhere, so it’s something I’ve been needing to do!
- Better time management. Set a plan and stick to it. I acknowledge there is room for grace because with three special needs children, a husband with a disability, and my own medical issues, days often don’t go as planned, but I also have a feel for our good times and bad times and can (and should) plan my schedule around these.
- Spend more time in God’s word and more quiet time with Him. I get caught up in being so busy I fail to take the time to hear His word. How can I be a vessel to spread His Word if I’m not listening to it?
- Take care of myself. Add gym time to the calendar. Schedule doctor appointments and go to them. Take time away from the computer when I need it. Say “no” to work when I need to. Use my essential oils and supplements regularly. Whatever it takes to be in the best health I need to be to care for our family and our home.
- Learn how to be more efficient. I have Sensory Processing Disorder. Being efficient is a challenge. I get overwhelmed and overstimulated so it’s like having a short attention span yet a need for perfection. It’s maddening! Trying to keep the house in order causes major anxiety, so I need to learn to do it efficiently and squash the anxiety.
- Unpack the boxes! Since my husband joined the Army years ago we have never actually settled into a home. Now that he is out of the Army I would finally like to settle down. Even though we are renting this home, we finally feel “at home,” and feel like we can settle down, and I know it would feel so much more peaceful to finally unpack all the boxes and just settle in!
- Give more to my husband. With all the financial stress we went through last year plus the eviction then moving again from Texas to Ohio, we were under a lot of stress. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with my husband, but I know I could be giving more. We celebrate our 10 year anniversary this year, and I want to really want to give more to our marriage – and not just this year, but every year.
- Lose weight. Yes, I do have some weight loss goals. I’m going to be talking more about my health and fitness goals on Deals of Sweetness and hosting a weekly weigh-in where I will check in with an update on how I’m doing. I will probably be sharing my actual weight as well for accountability, but the “weigh-in” is just a play on words for checking in for the week.
- Put more into our homeschool. With all the stress last year, we had a pretty rough homeschool year as well. So this year I really want to make sure we fill in all the gaps and challenge the kids to push a little harder (while not discouraging them, of course). I want to include more hands-on activities and field trips this year as well.
- Get involved. I’d like to really get involved at the church. With a special needs family it can be easy to fall into the trap of missing church. You get to a point where you feel nobody notices and lose motivation to return. I don’t want to fall into that trap anymore. I want to get involved. I want to be connected.
- Because of our rough year Pea of Sweetness really didn’t experience any growth. It didn’t go under by any means (Phew!), but I would have loved to be at a different place by now. In fact, I branched out to Deals of Sweetness so I could continue to do reviews and giveaways outside of my key focus topics of homeschooling, homemaking, special needs, and parenting, and there were times where Deals of Sweetness surpassed Pea of Sweetness in views. I felt confused and frustrated. I was excited that my new blog was getting that many views but frustrated that Pea of Sweetness wasn’t growing much!
I realize it wasn’t because of the transition itself (though it had some effect because I also started transitioning eco-friendly living, which used to be a big part of Pea of Sweetness), but because of all the stress I was under, I wasn’t really writing regular content. That is still the case now and might be for another few weeks, but then it’s going to change. My goal is to set a solid editorial calendar plan that includes regular content outside of reviews and within my key categories. I’m still brainstorming on the ideas, but I’m praying it will be a blessing!
- Stop comparing. The above being said. I shouldn’t be comparing my growth to my other blog or any other blog. I have to trust that Pea of Sweetness is exactly where God wants it to be right now. It is reaching the people He wants it to reach at this time. I’m not writing on here to be in the spotlight (and I totally just sang “I don’t need my name in lights. I’m famous in my Father’s eyes.”) in my head. I digress. I’m writing on here because He has called me to reach others, so I have to trust Him. That also means I have to trust myself because He chose me for a reason.
- Create a schedule. Schedule specific days and times to network regularly as well as interact on social media regularly – particularly Pinterest, which is my weakness as it’s not something I tend to use regularly but is a good source of traffic to those who use it.
- Create an editorial calendar and plan for all of my blogs and perfect the pages, design, and content of each – including the one I’m putting together for a friend and our gaming blog that I haven’t even put together yet! I also want to really get Sweetness Sisters Media going and offer support for bloggers and start promoting all of our services like helping others get a blog started with a nice theme/blog design as well!
- Go through and fix old posts – create pinnable images if there isn’t one, edit any text if necessary, set a featured image if needed, etc.
- Finish my book and look into publishing information.
Phew! What are your goals for 2015?
Krista B says
Wow! That’s a long list! But all admirable goals! You are a beautiful person inside and out and I know you will reach all of your goals on God’s time (so often very different from our own, right??). Both Pea of Sweetness and Deals of Sweetness are amazing and I know you will reach the right balance, I believe in it and I pray on it. ((hugs)) and good thoughts toward your goals. Take care of you!
Krista B recently posted…Healthy Snack Alert! Organic Popcorn from G.H. Cretors
Thank-you so much. You are always such an amazing support!
Emilee recently posted…Encouraging Positive Behavior with Bear on the Chair #BearontheChair
shayler coultes says
I don’t think I would be able to be a army wife. I think army wives are the backbone for the army and I would like to thank you for that and if you could thank your husband for me I would appreciate it if it wasn’t for people like you I think we would have a pretty crappy world
Thank-you. I will pass your message along to him. 🙂
Emilee recently posted…Etekcity Bluetooth Audio Receiver Giveaway (ends 3/2)