This week was definitely a busy week here on Pea of Sweetness as I share the 5 Days of Homeschooling Essentials. I absolutely loved it and enjoyed reading the other bloggers’ posts as well, but even though I started drafts (and even a couple of the posts) before the series started, by Day 3 I started falling behind! I’m so happy I was able to get them finished, though! Did you have a chance to read them all? If you’re a homeschooler, which can you relate to most?
My personal favorites were the two that weren’t about physical objects like “A Grain of Salt!” Check out all 5 Days of Homeschooling Essentials.
Plus I started another Content Management job this week, so that added to how busy I was! Another job is a blessing, though, as my husband has still been unable to find work, so my work and his disability is all we have. He suggested we sit down and set a schedule for everything. I couldn’t agree more! I think it’s absolutely necessary! I’ve been so tired and feeling worn down and need to make an appointment with my doctor about my insomnia and chronic fatigue. I know that sounds totally contradictory, but yes, I have both, and it’s awful! It’s been hard for me to think straight and stay organized, and I think a schedule will really make a world of difference!
OK, let’s wrap up!
Highlights in Our Life:
- Although I HAVE been adjusting to everything on my plate at this time, I do think a schedule is important! Otherwise, there wasn’t much else going on this week! Pretty boring, I know!
- I’ve decided to tweak our schedule a bit. We’re still working on all the programs I mentioned in last week’s Weekly Wrap-Up and are now in full swing with Science4Us as well. I just feel like we need to get a more set schedule. I’ve always been fairly relaxed with our schedule, but just as I need to tighten my own schedule, I feel we need to tighten our homeschooling schedule as well. I’m not going so far as to say “Math will be from this time to this time” because I don’t like to limit a class to a certain amount of time knowing they may need more or less time, but I do want to get into more of a set routine with a starting time and somewhat expected ending time.
- I found my 3-hole puncher! But it’s broken. 🙁 The top hole doesn’t punch, so I had to use the single hole punch for those holes. Not fun!
- I already mentioned the series I post this week!
- I brought back my Wordless Wednesday Linkups for the new year! I started Wordless Wednesday Linkups on Deals of Sweetness as well, so there are TWO linkups! They got off to a slow start, but I also posted them fairly late on Wednesday. Hopefully they’ll pick up when I post next week!
- More Blogger Opps are coming! If you’re not signed up to receive the Blogger Opps newsletter but would like to be – sign up here. Be sure to select “Blogger Opps” to be added to the list! Even the Blogger Opps from Deals of Sweetness will be included. You will start to notice there will be more hosted by Deals of Sweetness. I’m so excited about its growth!
Goals This Week:
- Make a header for Deals of Sweetness and other pages – still. Yep, it’s still not done. *Sigh*
- Start putting ideas for printables to use.
- Complete the dining/homeschool area and living room. The kitchen is pretty much done! “Before” and “Current” post coming soon with ideas on what more I plan to do! Hopefully this week since last week was so crazy!
- Catch up on laundry.
How was your week?
Hello! My week was okay. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I think it is awesome that you homeschool your kids!!!!!
Emilee Roberts says