Remember how I mentioned why I didn’t post a weekly wrap-up a couple weeks ago? Our family had gotten a stomach bug (all but one of us), and I wanted to spare the details. I still wanted to share some exciting news, though! You may have noticed then the following weekend I didn’t post one, either. So, what gives? Would you believe I got the stomach bug AGAIN? On Thanksgiving night of all times! It was AWFUL! I am so grateful for my new Natural Memory Foam pillow because my goodness I have needed some good rest, and it has helped SO much!
To even be posting anything over the past couple of weeks has been pretty difficult, though. Of course, there is A LOT to post right now as we’re in the last couple of weeks before Christmas. I still have a lot of great reviews to share with you before Christmas, and I’m rolling them out as quickly as I can! I really do wish I had been able to post more personal content in there as well, but as I said, I’m just glad I could post ANYTHING over the past couple of weeks. It was really rough! So I thank-you for your patience!
I know many of you have been offering kind words and support on Facebook, and I thank you for that as well! I am so incredibly excited for what the new year is going to bring! I already explained a little that I DO want to get Pea of Sweetness back to being more content focused, though I will still be sharing some great reviews and giveaways – particularly those that fit the niche of homeschooling, homemaking, parenting, faith, eco-friendly living, etc. My goal is to not “lose” the content.
Because I do really LOVE the reviews and giveaways, I have launched another family-friendly blog, which I mentioned in the post I linked above. It’s called Deals of Sweetness, and it will continue to roll out and will hopefully have a full menu bar, a logo, button, and all the fun stuff at the beginning of the new year! Right now, I just wanted to get the idea out there and let you know what is coming up! 🙂 I also just received my prize I mentioned in my last wrap-up post as well from ToDoist in addition to the lifetime Premium service! My iPhone 5S! I posted all about it on Deals of Sweetness! If you’re looking for a great task app, I definitely recommend ToDoist!
I still have been slightly in “recovery mode.” Mostly I’m just still a little tired and trying to finish the last bit of unpacking so we can *finally* get our Christmas decorations put up!
OK, let’s wrap it up!
Highlights in Our Life:
- It started to get cold here in Texas, and we got some firewood and lit our first fire in our new house. We haven’t lived in a place with a fireplace in years! It was so nice. I absolutely love a fire!
- Now that our battle with the stomach bug is over, we are back in the swing of things – mostly. Our youngest got his Royal Rangers vest this week, and our oldest will get his Royal Rangers stuff soon as well, too! Our daughter will get her Daisies stuff soon, too! It has been such a blessing, and we are so happy we found a church to call “home” so quickly!
- We joined a gym! I couldn’t believe how low the cost was, and there was a special on top of that. It even includes massage chairs, hydro massage beds, a Beauty Angel booth, and tanning – all in the membership. I was so surprised! You can even bring a guest each time as well! I was even more surprised, though, that my husband opted to get the membership, too! It’s been good for us!
- I won entries to the Color in Motion 5K next weekend here in Houston! Going to the gym still isn’t going to have me ready for a 5K that soon, but I’ll at least try! It was for two entries, so my husband is doing it with me. Since he has neuropathy that can act up at any time, we’re not quite sure how it will all play out, but hey, we’re going to have fun! 🙂
- We could still use some prayers. There is a lot that just isn’t falling into place like it was “supposed to” as they said there would be much help for my husband as a Disabled Vet. Unfortunately, there hasn’t been at all. Please pray for my husband as he continues his search for a civilian job as well or that he will be lead in the direction God wants him to take. I’m so thankful for your prayers.
- We are on break! Well, our oldest is still working on his Tynker Introduction to Programming Course, and we still work on some basics here and there to keep things “fresh,” but we will be starting our “new” homeschool year at the beginning of the new year!
- We have connected with the homeschool group at church but were, unfortunately, sick for the first get together. We will be going to the “Happy Birthday Jesus party” this Friday, and we are so excited to connect with the other homeschool families!
- Busy, busy, busy. At this point, I am now booked through Christmas! Phew! It has been a whirlwind! I imagine it wouldn’t have felt nearly as crazy had I not gotten so awfully sick, but I’m glad I’m back to feeling better now, so I can tackle it head-on!
- Google updated Page Rank after 10 months of waiting, and I’m so excited that Pea of Sweetness is now a PR3! This was a goal I had been working for, and it was so exciting to reach it before the end of the year!
- I have 4-5 Blogger Opps coming up, and I, unfortunately, had to change the way I run my group giveaways due to so many people not posting. So, I’m trying to get adjusted to all the changes myself as well. I will be adding all of the opps as well as the information to my Blogger Opps page within the next few days. I will send a Blogger Opps newsletter out within the next few days as well! If you’re not signed up to receive the Blogger Opps newsletter but would like to be – sign up here. Be sure to select “Blogger Opps” to be added to the list!
Goals This Week:
- Finish the last few clothes boxes!
- Implement my website’s new Ad Space directory. I took advantage of a Passionfruit special for the post Thanksgiving weekend, so I’m happy to say I’ll be implementing Passionfruit to run my ads and even my sponsored posts as well again!
- Put up the Christmas decorations
What have you been up to?